About the role
We are on the hunt for a Senior Designer who wants to make a real name for themselves, someone who’s looking for their next challenge. Ideally we’d like a creative team player who has a history of producing inspiring work grounded in solid strategy. Preferably you’d be coming from an agency background with the knowledge scales tipped towards branding. You’ll be brimming with confidence when it comes to talking and presenting to clients and be the reliable rock when it comes to delivering on time and on budget.
We want to see work that will make our mind smile. This is a great opportunity to become part of a conceptually driven team working for great clients including New Balance, Virgin Money, Aegean Airlines, Manchester City Football Club and the Manchester Arena to name a few.
We want someone who will:
- Work as a senior member of the team to design creative solutions for brand, print and digital. You will provide design leadership and assist in the management of workflow while reporting to the Head of Design and Studio Manager.
- Provide conceptual design work, and have an understanding of branding and creating brands that are relevant to the brief and target audience.
- Be proficient with web design and have a good knowledge of UX best practices.
- Take ownership of projects and manage the creative development of a range of designed products in line with corporate standards and in response to a design brief. These will include: Printed corporate communications, Advertising / Campaign Presentations, Digital interfaces, Websites and branded goods.
- Lead by example and follow standards as agreed with the Head of Design to effectively communicate the brand personality/message in all materials.
- Innovate and develop creative solutions to briefs
- Provide creative direction and guidance to team to enable them to deliver successful projects that answer the brief
- Be able to take a digital project from brief, through to wireframes and into visual design
- Be confident and proficient with liaising and presenting to clients and prospective clients
- Participate in and occasionally lead regular creative team meetings
- Help the Studio Manager manage the team effectively following company protocol
- Provide support and advice to team members
- Liaise with the Studio Manager in trafficking jobs through the department, including brief taking and client liaison, work allocation and job monitoring.
- Contribute to increasing levels of client satisfaction
- Maintain documentation to agreed studio standards
- Produce design solutions to communicate client messages with high visual impact.
- Develop creative ideas and concepts choosing the appropriate media and style to meet our clients’ objectives.
- Work closely with other senior managers to improve efficiencies and quality.
- Contribute to leading and mentoring of the design team in order to produce the highest quality creative work.
- Use innovation to redefine a design brief within the constraints of cost and time.
- Actively encouraging creative innovation within the company.
- Interpret the business needs of clients and developing concepts to meet their objectives.
- Keep abreast of emerging technologies in new media (particularly programs in design, stream time, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat). Working as part of a team with internal and external departments.
- Be proactive in presenting or ‘pitching’ ideas and designs to prospective customers.
- Develop design briefs by gathering information and data through research
- Think effectively to produce new ideas and concepts
- Use innovation to redefine a design brief within the constraints of cost and time
Knowledge and Experience required:
- Exceptional creative thinker with a passion for digital and the ability to communicate your many ideas.
- Full of creative ideas and will want to design beautiful useful things that are clever with technology on a daily basis
- With your porfolio you can demonstrate whilst working with clients, an ability to really get under their skin to understand their values and branding.
- You’ll have an eye for visual impacts and be able to translate requirements quickly into boundary-challenging ideas and eye-catching designs.